I have always wanted to create a food blog and have been blogging for personal pleasure since 2005. Uni presented the perfect opportunity (and motivation) to start a food-focused space in the nether regions of the internet. Blogging is far from new to me, but my cooking and eating adventures are even older; gotta start somewhere!
And the thing was, I have always loved to TRY weird things and was not afraid to risk an upset stomach or even food poisoning to do it.
Ever had century egg pancakes?
Too tame?
Stir fried caterpillar cocoons, perhaps?
You might find it here, along with my comments on what it all feels and tastes like. (By the way, cocoons taste like crunchy scrambled egg). Expect erratic cooking, questionable ingredients and quirky (but scientific) views on what is lurking in my pantry.
I have a passion for eating, tasting and experimenting with uncommonly used and often exotic ingredients. I'll be blogging about what you can do (or not do!) with these ingredients, with maybe a little bit of nutritional "recommendations" as supplied by a good friend of mine who studies nutrition at the University of Sydney and is quick on dispelling dietary rumours.
How does this blog tie into what I am studying?
In an ideal world, I would want to have a career in advertising (specifically online media) that handles food, consumer goods and restaurant brands. I generally have opinions on ads I've seen and may comment on them on the blog.
I am also very conscious of her health and likes to eat a balanced diet. Some people are not naturally thin and can't eat anything and everything they want (sadly). However, just because I substitute ghee for low-fat reduced salt butter, does not mean I will forego taste in any way.
Join me as I investigate these gastronomic oddities and my time as a first time cook, and remember to say hi!
1 comment:
Many thanks.
Post a Comment